Thursday, March 5, 2009

Girl Crazy!

About 5 minutes after I found out I was having a baby GIRL I started planning the nursery. Pink pink and more pink, bring on the pink. I don't even like pink. I'm so sick of blue and green though that I can't wait to bring some pink into this house! Boy are the boys in for a big change around here! Especially since she is due on Aug. 1st, my birthday! Oh yay, a girl and another LEO in the house! Jim is allready stressing out! heehee.

I am in love with this bedding! Of corse it is from PBK! I swore I wasn't even going to look at pottery barn and wouldn't you know it a catalog came in the mail and I came across this adorable nature inspired girls room. I would be even happier if it was from anywhere else and I could say it was different and not trendy.





I NEVER thought I would say this, but I think I want to learn how to sew! My sister Rachel sews the cutest outfits and whatnots for her 3 girls and well, just look at how cute this little peasant dress is! It may remain on my to do list for ever though since I really don't think I am patient enough to sew.







My little neices, Olivia & Bailee (Kate not pictured) are the cutest, girliest girls I know. I remember staying at Rachel's house a couple of years ago and woke up around 5:30 a.m. to a 4 year old Bailee clip clopping into the living room in her plastic high heels, feather boa, princess skirt and accessories to say " Good morning unt Gwennie."

I can't wait.









I can't wait to start refinishing and repainting an old dark dresser we have into a cute, white, vintage inspired one complete with these perfect flowers I found on Etsy.com.
























5 comments:

  1. CUTE ideas!! Isn't SO fun!! It is such a different world to have little girls!! It is like being a first time mom all over again!! I have been so overwhelmed since I found out that PINK is in my future too!! After 3 boys... we deserve it!!

    I was just telling Lindsey that I want to learn to sew too!! I have NEVER had the desire to before... but now that there is a little girl to make dresses and bows and tutus for... I am thinking I will need to know. Etsy gave me so many ideas... I can't even find where to start!!

    YEAH for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for girls! I love that bedding and especially the owl pillow. I think the birds/owls/trees are the cutest thing. And I just picked up some of that green/pink/yellow fabric you have pictured to make myself a new sling bc I gave mine away and loved the fabric. I think I can make some owl pillow like that. I want some of that stuff for Kate's room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. You are such a great mom and to have that special and wonderful little girl addition to the family. We all love you and grandma is so happy and excited for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute bedding! I love it!! Are you so excited that you are having a GIRL!!!! YAY!!! Sorry to tell you though I think boys are way easier! But Girls are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girls are perfect! congratulations....

    ReplyDelete