So our kitchen table has been slowly falling apart over the years. I finally talked Jim into getting a new one. Nothing fancy since it is sure to be demolished eventually too. Anyway Jim was putting the chairs and bench together and when it was finished Jack walked up to it and gasped "Ohhh Daddy! I just loove my new bench! Thank you for getting it for me!" He's so expressive lately. When it was time for lunch today he said " Mommy is it time for lunch?" me "yes, it sure is." jack "oh good, I think I'll sit on my new bench!" And when Nolan tried to sit on a chair... "Nolan, come on, why don't you sit by me on my new bench!" so funny who would've thought something like a bench would be so much fun. They slide back and forth across it while they are eating which is why I think they like it so much... being still is not one of their strong suits.
I love that table too! We had a bench on our table growing up...it was more fun!
ReplyDeletewoooo- pretty! great idea for getting the boys a new bench. i bet that is so fun for them. :)
ReplyDelete